HOW NDLEA OFFICERS KILLED MY FATHER SAYS STEPHEN OZIEGBE

How NDLEA officers killed my father, son allege-
Oziegbe Stephen Omonegbe,a graduate of Ambrose
Alli University Ekpoma.
Mobile number 08136843992.
Oziegbe Gabriel Eigbefoh, a father of 9 who was
recently arrested by officers of the National
Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) in
February, along Gbaji junction, Badagry, on the
charge of cocaine possession, is said to have died
in the NDLEA’s custody.
The deceased son, Oziegbe Stephen Omonegbe said
that his father died in the custody of NDLEA, in
Ikoyi after being subjected to severe torture on
a crime he is innocent of. He claimed that haven
discovered that his father was dead, officers of
the anti-drug agency tried to make him sign a
document claiming that it was his father’s
statement which he refused.
“On Wednesday March 18 two officers of NDLEA
came to our house and told me that my attention
was urgently needed by my mother at NDLEA
office Ikoyi. I asked what the issue was but was
not given any information.
“I was at NDLEA office to see my Father and
mother on Tuesday March 10 and they were Very
fine. We discussed on how to borrow money
anywhere so as to give them what they have
demanded.
“I left for NDLEA office the following day,
Thursday March 19 to see them. On getting there
I was asked to see their boss who was in charge
of the prison. When I met with him, he was
trying to convince me to sign some documents of
which he explained that it was the statement of
my
parents offence. I refused to sign the documents
telling them I am not the suspect and I can't sign
on behalf of them. After then they broke the
news of my father's death to me. Who was never
sick and I saw him very healthy the previous
week.
“NDLEA officers claimed my father became sick on
Saturday March 14 and he was rushed to the
hospital but died on Sunday, the following day.
And we were informed Thursday 19th. My lawyer
was there on Tuesday March 17, he was not
allowed to see any of them, claiming that all
the officers had gone to court,” Stephen said.
My dad has died in their custody. My mother is
still in their custody. Please I need the help of
all.
Narrating how his father was arrested by the
NDLEA officers the graduate of Accounting from
Ambrose Ali University said: “It started on
February 17, 2015 when my Father received a call
from one Mr Oke who claimed to have collected his
phone number from one of his customers who lives
in Togo named I.K.
“My Father use to carry I.K and wife from Togo
to Nigeria whenever he is coming to visit Lagos.
My father is a driver who's route is mile-2
garage to Togo. and gave birth to 9 children of
which all are still in school. He is the sole bread
winner of the family. We all struggle with some
little help from relations here and there to
survive. The man said he needed my father's
service to transport some Tyre parts to Togo
because one of his big lorry's Tyre went bad in
Togo. My Father arranged for the man to see him
at their garage the following morning 18th. The
man came as discussed to the garage by
transport. and took my Father to an hotel at
festac where his car was packed and brought out
this lorry Tyre parts that was srawed and packed
and gave him one of the workers to follow him so
as to show him where to drop the consignments.
As my Father and the man traveled along, my dad
complained overtime that the loads were too
heavy and it's pulling the Boot of the vehicle
down because it's an old car. Then he suggested
to the man that the load should be reduced. And
after all, this much load will attract high custom
duty of which your master didn't pay me much.
The man agreed but it was not possible to go
back to festac because of the hold-up along
mile-2 axis. They both agreed to take it to my
father's house because we live in Badagry and it
is closer to where they were.
My dad brought the spare parts home and kept
some at home. Wanting to drop the first and come
back for the other. On their way towards the
border, at Gbaji junction to be specific, NDLEA
officers were stationed there. He was stopped
and asked to get down. He obeyed and they
opened the Booth of the car. He was asked what
was inside the boot. He told them it's lorry spare
parts owned by the passenger inside. He was
asked to bring it down, he did so. And they got a
spanner from their vehicle and opened it. When it
was opened, it was discovered that cocaine was
concealed inside. That was how he was arrested.
Then at the spot, they told him that the
materials were more than this and that he should
take them to where the remaining was kept. But
he told them there was no remainder in fear of
what was inside. That was where the beating
started. He later took them home. Meanwhile
during all these time someone called my mother
because the place of arrest was close to our
house informing her that some officers had
arrested my Father having discovered some
contra band in his car. My mother instinct
informed her that it was those things he brought
home. My mother immediately took those ones at
home out of the house. The people came and my
Father instructed that we bring the materials he
brought home. And my mother brought them out.
NDLEA took them, arrested my mother, carried
the new car my cousin in Germany sent to my
Father that was packed in the compound including
the car he uses for transport. They entered our
house and took our house documents and other
land documents that belong to people whom my
mother assisted in buying land, they don't come
for the documents until they finally developed the
house and pack in. We live in a developing area at
Badagry. They took all these things and went
away. When I went to NDLEA office at Ikoyi
where they were taken to after they left
badagry, I was not allowed to see them. They
claimed that relations were not allowed to come in
for now. It was not until two weeks that I was
granted assess to see them. On seeing them, my
Father told me How he was beaten to the state
that he defecated on himself, and that he was
asked to confess that he was the owner of the
materials. But he told them the truth that he is
just a driver. In quest to get words from him he
was seriously beaten and locked up . After I was
granted access to him I always go to see him and
give him and my mother food and cloths. My uncle
connected me to his lawyer who was handling the
case. After discussion with them, we were asked
to bring two million Naira to settle the case. To
be Frank, we don't have such money. We couldn't
even raise up to 100 thousand naira.
According to him: “The NDLEA officers refused to
release my mother saying through our lawyer that
we should go bring money for our mother and the
property to be released.
The money they demand on my mother is 1million
naira after my father's
death. My mother is still in detention until now
including our
properties.
NDLEA office Address: No 4 Shaw Road (Onilegbale
road) Ikoyi, Lagos.
My Name: Oziegbe Stephen Omonegbe
My Father's Name: Oziegbe Gabriel Eigbefoh
My mother's Name: Oziegbe Maria Eigbefoh
My Facebook contact address and email:
stephencrown38@yahoo.com
My house address: Iyhana-Ilogbo, Igborosun,
Mowo Badagry. Lagos State.
The passenger's Name: Azuike Alum Moses

Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

John Okosun is a Nigerian writer and blogger who started this platform to enable him reach billions of internet users with his daily updated contents ranging from various categories. Contents posted by him are controversial thus creating an interactive room for readers enabling them to get their voice heard.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment